Have you noticed that books keep popping up as décor devices? Just as news outlets like the New York Times confirm that print is far from dead, and GeekWire reports that sales of printed books rose 2.4% in 2014, “real” books are making a comeback. Now décor is starting to look a bit bookish, too.
At AmericasMart‘s January show, books cropped up as key items in Halloween and Christmas assortments. They also informed themes for framed art. Stacked books used several spines to complete and image, or they used trend-right metallics or black-and-white to catch the eye. Vintage volumes—or the look—also played a role in visual display.
The market is still in early days where books are concerned. The Trend Curve expects to see even more of them over the next two years.
Want to know more about décor trends? Become a Member of The Trend Curve‘s subscriber family to read our complete coverage of trends spotted at Americasmart and other important markets and trade fairs around the globe! Here are a few other benefits you’ll receive with your subscription:
- 6 information-packed digital issues per year
- Up-to-the-minute Trend Flash™ email updates with top-line trends from important markets and trade fairs worldwide
- An exclusive Members-only blog is a password-protected area that’s just for subscribers
- $100 off all our regularly priced trend and color products
- Member-only pre-order savings on new releases
- Subscribers-know-first email notifications of all new products and sales
Click here to subscribe.